Presentation of the Essay
People can speak loudly and smartly in front of the audience, but if their appearance is improper, the impression will not be quite positive. The same holds true for an essay. An essay is a representation of your understanding of a problem and therefore you should take care of its presentation to make a good first impression on your tutor.
Most of written assignments are required to be done in typewriting, for sometimes it is difficult to read handwriting. If you are required to type your essay, take the following into account:
- Use standard A4 paper to prepare your essay. Make sure it is not bent or torn and looks neat.
- Check the font size and type before printing the essay. It has to be easy to read and look neat.
- Free space is a must. Margins all around your writing should be observed. At list an inch space at the top, bottom and the sides of the page should be observed. They are for tutors to leave comments and remarks.
- You can also use spacing between the paragraphs. If you do so, you'll have no need to start a fresh line starting each paragraph.
- Be sure to write your name and the title of an essay on every page in the right upper corner. This information can go either to a header or to footer. Of course, this information should be provided in the title page.
- It is necessary to enumerate the pages of your essay to avoid the confusion of its parts. It will be easier for the tutor to analyze your work.
- To keep your essay pages together you can use a stapler or just a plastic pocket to keep your essay neat.
If a typewritten variant is not required and you have no desire to sit in front of the computer for hours, you may write an essay, but there are also a lot of points to consider.
- Use linear paper that is of A4 size
- Make margins for the purpose already known to you.
- Use a pen of black ink that writes well.
- Mind your handwriting. Make it look neat and easy to read.
Having a copy of your paper on a floppy or just in your personal folder would be a nice idea if problems occur. Be attentive when submitting your paper, make sure that the format is proper and all the requirements are met.