Don't think that writing expository essay is just a waste of time. This basic writing skill is required in many careers. Besides it will develop your critical thinking and teach you to analyze problems, etc. Unlike personal essay, in your expository essay you present someone else's point of view without expressing your personal opinion. The success of your essay depends on your careful planning and organization. You must be able to:
- Emphasize important points
- Separate the thesis and its supporting arguments
- Be objective when sharing the ideas with the readers.
- Restatement of the argument (gives a reader larger perception of the subject significance)
- Statement of your contribution (makes the essay not so abstract)
- Sharing with the reader the next step in the research argument