A Sample Quiz Just For Fun. Custom Essay Writing
A Sample Quiz Just For Fun
Each of the following sentences, most of which came from papers I have graded, has some problem or problems. Locate the error and correct the sentence. Then, and only then, look at the next page for the real poop.
1. Southpaws, who are superstitious, will not pitch on Fridays.
2. College students who do not write well flunk English.
3. As a student, Aunt Normies' dinners are to be avoided.
4. What we need are some engineers broken down by their specialties.
5. As a boy games of war are fun.
6. We drove to Reno Nevada to gamble.
7. Doug is the only one of the boys who always stand straight.
8. She wasn't aloud to have friends over their house.
9. Emersons poem Brahma can be found in his book Selected Poems.
10. Hopefully, you will pass the test, otherwise I will feel badly.
11. Whom should I say is calling?
12. If their taking there car their, they'd better have a credit card handy.
13. By engine tune-ups, by keeping his tires filled, and by driving carefully, his mileage was increased
14. A clever dog knows it's master.
15. Literally climbing the walls, I scream as another misplaced modifier appeared on the term paper and I decided to immediately give up teaching, and became a sadistic killer.