Writing a college essay is a very responsible and challenging task. But if to prepare for it well and forget about everything else, you have a chance of writing an essay which opens you the door to the desired college.ORDER NOW
The following tips aim to give you a good start off.
Remember, your college essay is much more than just a page filled up with words. The crucial element of your college essay is the topic. Spend enough time (about 1 - 2 weeks) on brainstorming the possible ideas. This activity helps you to find the topics that had not occurred to you before.
Once you have determined the capturing subject and made an outline, start writing the first draft. Mind the following suggestions during the writing process:
- Think of what other applicants may write and write different.
- Share something different with the committee from what they will find on your list of extracurricular activities or transcript.
- Focus on one situation, one activity and one personality.
- No "universal" college essays for all the colleges you are applying. Write a different one for each of them.
- Your introduction is like a hook to catch the committee's attention for ever. There can be some mystery or intrigue in your introduction. It will appeal to the admissions officers' emotions.
- Make a clear thesis that announces your route through the whole essay.
- Be yourself. Don't start changing yourself within the essay.
- Your college essay is not a history report. Include only minimum relevant background information.
- Be brief and stick to the point.
- If you infuse your entire creativeness into the essay, even the most boring essay topic will instantly revive.
- Use simple words instead of big words. Complicated words are meant for other styles. In your college essay they will not sound natural.
- Wake up the five senses of the admissions officers.
- Your essay must be cohesive and have a natural flow of sentences. Only transitions contribute to building such an essay. Be sure to use them.
- Conclusion should add up to the general impression and atmosphere of the essay and enhance it. Summarizing will never do. Finish with a famous quote which fits in the general content of the essay. Present your discussion in a broader context and demonstrate that your topic is of current importance.
- Appearance does not compensate for substance, but it adds to a positive impression of a well-written essay.
- Proofread, proofread, and proofread. College essay is too important that is why you should have it professionally edited.
- FREE Outline $5
- FREE Unlimited Amendments* $30
- FREE Title Page $5
- FREE Bibliography $15
- FREE Formatting $10
- 10+ years experience in the custom writing market
- A wide range of services
- Satisfied and returning customers
- 6-hour delivery available
- Money-back guarantee
- 100% privacy guaranteed
- Professional team of experienced paper writers
- Only custom-written papers
- Free amendments upon request
- Constant access to your paper writer
- Free extras by your request